1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding my Xbox ( extremely new to mods)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by HaloSnipa, Jan 17, 2005.

1. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

My friends has his Xbox modded, i can't remember with what chip but he can download games and all the basics of modding...

I was wondering, since alot of people at this board know a ton about modding and how to mod, if someone would explain to me, in newbie explanations which mod chips are good and how to mod my xbox, im looking for a mod chip that isn't the greatest chip ( money-wise) but not too cheap, somewhere in the middle, if you could help me out I'd appreciate it alot

THX

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

most mod chips are fairly cheap. all the ones i have seen are under $70. what chip you get depends on what you want to do with your xbox.

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

If you have an older version Xbox (not V1.6) then I'd say to pick up a Xenium Ice from Divineo. I was considering buying a Spider just to test it but since there's been so many posts of people having flashing problems, I decided to switch over and try a Viper chip for my Gamecube.

4. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

Basically what i want to do was be able to do the basics like download games quicker, and dvds, for my xbox i think that it is fairly new because i got it in NOV. of 04 not sure what v. it is

5. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

Basically what i want to do was be able to do the basics like download games quicker, and dvds, for my xbox i think that it is fairly new because i got it in NOV. of 04 not sure what v. it is

6. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

you can just softmod it it will let you copy games but you dont need a chip. its free.

7. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

Thats sounds quite nice, can you tell me how to softmod and if i do softmod my xbox will i still be able to play live?

8. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

use the game save hack and get your backup info. then buy a new hd and install it for the xbox. you can use your original hd for live and new one for mods and games.

9. alinares

alinares Regular member

you can get a good mod chip between 30-50 bucks because i got a duox2 for 35 bucks in the city not the internet then you have to find somebody to solder it for you because its to hard for beginners don'tpen it when you get it because it's anti-static you'll ruine it if you touch with static in your body some mod-chip's not all hoped i helped you