1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderator??

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Jake, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Jake

Jake Active member

What this mean? In English site I see many moderators..

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

It means that those guys have rights to edit/delete posts, move threads and so on.

As I have explained earlier in Finnish forums, we have stopped developing the Finnish forum software for now -- we basically want to "finish" the English forum software and then simply roll it out to Finnish forums, just translate the texts first. Once this is done, Finnish site will have moderators as well (and private messages, subscription features, better user management, etc -- tons of stuff what I've implemented to the forum software in English site over the past 3 months).

Moderators were introduced to the system on last week and the plan is obviously to cut down our (admins) workload on forums -- I personally spend over 14 hours a day to maintain the site, which is "slightly" too much.

3. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

So to become a moderator do you have to be a Senior Member and then Post enough quality posts?

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Not quite, but almost. We're definately NOT going to ask all our senior members to become moderators, not despite how "good guys" they are. The ones we picked to be moderators now, were mostly guys who had a decent number of postings, obvious "will to help" other users and expertise on area that we don't have that much (DVD-R and highly technical audio compression) -- we're not going to get anyone whose expertise is VCD/SVCD/DivX to become a moderator for a while, at least not in English site, since we feel we can handle those issues by ourselves very quickly.

Only thing what I seriously hope, is that all the senior members understand this reasoning and don't get pissed because they're "still just senior members" -- moderators are senior members who we thought can provide some technical assistance to some of the forum rooms we can't quite well handle by ourselves, nothing more.