1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Rodiggity

Rodiggity Member

Same problem. Someone please help

2. Barely29

Barely29 Member

Ok, I am now getting so frustrated. I have unloaded and reloaded the programs three times. I am able to get the update (2.21e) that has the v220, I have the computer recognize it, but not the software. On the screen of the phone on the computer I get initializing and then thereis an icon that shows a phone with a red circle with a red line through it. AARRRGGGGG. Someone help please. e-mail me here or personally. I am getting despirate. I even removed my service pack 2 to see if that would work, and I am stuck at the same problem

3. larsenio

larsenio Guest

Mattjazz, I am in the same boat as you. Regardless of what I do that damn p2k driver won't work. I have downloaded everything necessary and to no avail. Please somebody help me with this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2004
  4. Risa

Risa Guest

I'm not sure what's wrong. I didn't download or install anything that specifically said P2K driver, only the files in one of my previous posts. I use Windows XP with service pak 2 and haven't had any problems at all. But I did exactly what I indicated in one of the previous e-mails, so perhaps follow that exactly unless you already have. Sorry I can't help.

5. Xeron

Xeron Member

The problem is occuring because we have outlook 2003. However there is a way to solve it :]
    When the error pops up press CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up task manager, then end task the setup. This stops the setup uninstalling the app and removing the registry settings. Now run the update. Ta-Da

Once you run the program go to setup and live update to get an even newer version.

6. larsenio

larsenio Guest

Does anyone know how to get the software for the phone itself, not the cable?

7. larsenio

larsenio Guest

2 things...Is my Windows 98 OS able to do this and secondly is there any place to get the p2k file because bongowireless driver doesn't work

8. cher45

cher45 Member

Larsenio,the link I posted earlier was to a sellar on Ebay that I purchased latest(Ver3.7) tools from.She doesn't have just the tools cd available as of now,but at 13.99 for cable and cd it would be worth losing the grief with all this installing & updating stuff.Also once Tools are installed if you browse the cd,extra games,wallpaper,etc is included with the tools to install.

9. Fuel2Fire

Fuel2Fire Member

Ok... I've read a bunch of steps and tried a few times here for a V300. Does that make a big diff? I heard in many forums that the software is the same.

I've tried to get the Mobile Phone Tools 1.23c from motoclub and get this message "You don't have permission to access /gsm_sec2/dmdocuments/mmpt_1.23c_EN.zip on this server"

So right there I have a prob... any other sources? And if sum1 would be as kind as to list the steps, with valid URL's I'd really appreciate it.

I found lots of info in this thread but nothing has yet to work for me. Any and all help would be useful. Also if anyone has the setup files of what I need to download and would be willing to send it to me directly via aim or msn I'd really appreciate it.
    MSN:NOEMAILSALLOWED@AFTERDAWN.COM
    AIM:DJ Antex

Again thanks for all the help submitted up till now and any and all upcoming info.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  10. Fuel2Fire

Fuel2Fire Member

oops, loaded funny and double posted... -Edit-

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  11. NewV220

NewV220 Guest

Hey, thanks to everyone for helping

Just got my V220 installed all the software in order and everything works out great, thanks again ;)

12. Rodiggity

Rodiggity Member

Hey! Absolutely Amazing! Someone on here said to install tools 123 and when you get the stupid error, to go to task manager and end the program. Then I went back and installed the 221 update and voila!!! My phone popped on the screen and I have been busy editing everything!! I don't know who posted this because I can't find it. But thank you so much!!!

13. Rodiggity

Rodiggity Member

please follow instructions above. I have been moving pictures back and forth and everything! good luck

14. AznKnight

AznKnight Guest

alright i got it working now....if anybody got the error about coruption and stuff....right when it gave u that error. Atl + Ctrl + delete and endtask the installer. Its already done isntalltion incase u havent notice so end tasking it wont make u have any problem. then upgrade to ur 2.22 and thats it. And yea, i have Sp2, and it works perfectly for me.

Btw If anybody need the original 1.23c English version. Email me if u need it, so i can upload and send u the link to download. (havent upload yet and wanna know if anybody interested in it.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2004
  15. AznKnight

AznKnight Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  16. avo

avo Guest

Does anyone know how to send pictures and songs from the computer to the phone using the data cable and Mobile Phone Tools?

17. Rodiggity

Rodiggity Member

to transfer pictures back and forth, hit your menu icon right below the screen (on the simulated phone that sits on the desktop). then go to tools, multimedia center. from there it pops up a two-sided screen. on the left, you can browse your PC for media. on the right, click on the picture folder. from there you can drag pictures from phone to PC and vice versa. any more questions, holla back.

18. larsenio

larsenio Guest

i dont know what to do with the p2k file anybody wanna help give me a step by step

19. lior

lior Member

Hey i need 1 thing everything works perfectlty i got da 1.23 phone tools n den got da 2.21 update n it worked i jus wanna knw afta i put it my song to the phone which muyst be a wave format where does it go and how can i set it to be the phone's default player?
    any hel will be appericiated
    NOEMAILSALLOWED@AFTERDAWN.COM

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  20. apbuteau

apbuteau Member

Has anyone had any luck using Linux and the V220? In particular Ubuntu (a Debian fork)?