1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motorola v505...have usb cable...how to work it?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by jztplayn, Feb 27, 2005.

1. jztplayn

jztplayn Member

ok i ordered a motorola v505 usb data cable the other day. i cant connect it to my comp. i dl the mobile phone tools 2.11 I THINK. but it says i need to unlock my phone? is that what i need to do to transfer pics from my phone to my comp, and vise versa...comp to phone. also would that allow me to transfer mp3 on my comp to my phone to use as ringtones?

most importantly how do i get connected? i have the phone(moto v505) i have the usb cable...no install cd's or anything..., and i dl something called mobile.phone.tools how do i get everything to work?? thanks

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

try the final version of the MPT 3.19e and btw u dont have to unlock ur phone to transfer ringtone or wallpapers

3. jztplayn

jztplayn Member

where do i get the new 3.19 download at?

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

just do live update through the MPT

5. jztplayn

jztplayn Member

scratch that i have version 3.11h
    and i cant do a live update. it doenst even connect. b4 i plug my usb cable in it says make sure ur phone is not locked..... then i connect the cable and it cant do anything....the phone pops up but says initializing. and i cant do anything. any help u can give me? all i want to do is send pics back and forwarth, and send songs to my phone.....

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

go in control panel then phone and modem and see if your motorola device is visible. then click properties then go to diagnostics and run query. if all goes well launch phone tools u should have np. sometimes u gotta hit query a bunch of times b4 it works

7. jztplayn

jztplayn Member

1) i have a control panel, but phone and modem is not an option..i have xp. so im not sure on where to go from there. fix that, went to phone and modem...but unsure from there cuz theres nothing that says mobil phone. so im not sure what too look for....

2) i juzt dl mobiledit and that doesnt work either. when i plug my phone into the usb cable the comp does that sound that it recognizes it. so i dont think its my usb cable...this is juzt really frustrating

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  8. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

9. jztplayn

jztplayn Member

ok, i tried that p2kman..and i hit the buttons...pc>>>>phone and phone >>>pc, but says phone is not connnected. but my phone is connected using that usb cable i got. i juzt dont understand this....

10. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

uninstall ur drivers, and install it again

11. bigrosebu

bigrosebu Member

will you share with us what happened to you after Mossyy's instruction?

12. jztplayn

jztplayn Member

still cant get it to work. maybe im not reading something right, or it juzt doesnt work but please feel free to try anything and get back to me as i am having problems doing this myself. my usb cable juzt sits here and i have nothing to do as i cant figure it out....

13. ferg1234

ferg1234 Guest

i had the same problem when i tried to connect my phone to the computer. i have a motorola v505, the usb data cable, and the lastest version of mobile phone tools. the program also tells me that i have to unlock my phone when i try to connect. As far as i know, you cannot do anything unless your phone is unlocked. You have to get an unlock code from your dealer or buy one online. i've been looking, but so far have found no way to unlock it for free. The codes cost about $25.
    I'm almost positive that the phone lock is the problem, because i had a friend with an unlocked v505 that was able to connect with no problems.

14. mossyy

mossyy Regular member