1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V551 - Version 3.20 Mobile Phone Tools - Bluetooth Wireless USB Adapter

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Ruffles, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

Hello Everyone,

I am having tech. difficulties with my connection. I am working with a Motorola V551, Home PC with Windows XP Service Pack 2, Mobile Phone Tools V. 3.20 and my Bluetooth Wireless USB Adapter. I've got everything installed properly and updated. I can dail my phone through my computer, but I cant transfer files from one to the other. When accessing the Multimedia on my computer then trying to transfer pictures or files it comes up saying that it won't transfer. I can't access my pictures on my phone aswell. My best guess is that XP is conflicting with my Mobile Phone Tools software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From the Drivers Seat,

Aaron

2. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

did you turn the bluetooth on in the phone?. to send from phone use copy in the file menu. To upload to the phone ask you if you will accept.. mpt you have to pick the dun client in setup for mpt to work with bluetooth. when it ask you to install or use exsisting device use exsisting.

3. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

Hi Tony......thanks for your reply.

I think I am farther ahead then what you are saying......I have already installed everything and have made a bluetooth connection. My reception from my computer to my phone is good and clear and I can dail numbers through my computer to my phone. My problem is that I have no connection when I open up my media link to transfer files....it like disconnects or something.

From the Drivers Seat

Aaron

4. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

do you mean thru mpt or the bluetooth softwareits closing the connection?

5. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

Well I guess it would be MPT.....when the picture of my phone is displayed on my computer I click on the media icon so that I can transfer files, but once that screen pops up I am not able to transfer anything. I think the phone connection is disconnected when that screen pops up. Because when I close that screen it shows on the phone displayed on my computer that there is no connection anymore. I dont know what is causing this. The MPT software is crap from what I can tell as it was designed to work with Windows XP. Any other suggestions? I am contemplating returning this particular bluetooth adapter.

From the Drivers Seat,

Aaron

6. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

well if you phone on the screen says cincular gsm its not the connection . the phone suspends itself to load pictures and files use the driectional icons in the center with the arrows to move the files , in to the phone or outthat you highlighted.

7. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

Hello Tony,

My phone doesn't say gsm, I've seen that before when I connect to the internet. When running MPT to upload pictures do I close my phone or leave it open? Is there anything to run on my phone other then to activate bluetooth when trying to upload or download? I wish I could describe it to you better. Basically what I am saying is that when you go to hit the icon that has the arrows
    (computer >>>>>> cell) to transfer the icon can not be clicked on. Like I cant click on that icon, it doesnt do anything. I think that because my phone isnt being connected while that screen is up I cant transfer. Can I use that P2K thing instead for my Motorola V551? It seems more popular and may solve some of my problems.

From the Drivers Seat,

Aaron

8. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

I leave it open . It sounds to me that you are not connected to mpt or it would say gsm on the computer screen phone. go to menu , setup , connection and change the modem.. pick bluetooth dun client . if you bluetooth is operating correctly . A small screen pops up showing the connection. select it and it will initialize. you should see the gsm on the screen. then you can select moble explorer and transfer files.

9. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

I'll give that a go and get back to you.

Thanks for your help thus far,

Aaron