1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mov to Avi - please help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mov2avi, Jan 24, 2008.

1. mov2avi

mov2avi Member

I have been trying to convert my Kodak EayShare *.mov files into *avi files and ultimately into Pinnacle Studio 9.3.0. (to edit all the small files into one movie to watch on a stand alone DVD player). I have tried numerous converters and most of them convert the mov to avi fine. However, when I try to bring them into Pinnacle (after conversion) it says the *.avi could not be opened; Pinnacle does not support this MPEG-4 video format. It appears that just simply converting the files to *.avi is only one step I need to do. Is there a way to convert the *.mov files to *.avi without using the MPEG codec? I’m not savvy when it comes to codecs or compressions. I have used three converters…(mov2avi.exe), (RAD Video Tools), and (MP4CAM2AVI v2.71.zip). While using the RAD tools, I tried all the codecs listed below while converting. They all contain the MPEG compression. Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

Cinepak Codec by Radius
    Intel Indeo® Video R3.2
    Intel Indeo® Video 4.5
    Intel IYUV codec
    Microsoft RLE
    Microsoft Video 1
    Microsoft H.263 Video Codec
    Microsoft H.261 Video Codec
    Indeo® video 5.10
    PICVideo MJPEG Codec
    PCLEPIM1 32-bit Compressor
    MainConcept DV Codec 2.0.4
    XviD MPEG-4 Codec
    DivX 5.0.5 Codec
    Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec
    Xfire Video Codec
    Ffdshow Video Codec
    DivX ;-) MPEG-4 Low Motion
    DivX ;-) MPEG-4 Fast Motion
    Huffyuv v2.2.0
    Intel.263 Video Driver 2.55.01
    Full Frames (Uncompressed)

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

3. mov2avi

mov2avi Member

I found an alternative way to get the job done.

I transfered all my *.mov movies (about 50 in all) back to my SD card in the Kodak camera. I then daisy chained my camera to my Dazzle video capture hardware then into the USB and opened Pinnacle to capture the video directly from my camera. I guess the means justified the ends. Thanks!

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Whatever works for you friend, as long as your happy!
    Nice troubleshooting!