1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Only Partially Records

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Nitelatch, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Nitelatch

Nitelatch Member

I have tried several different programs (DVD Shrink, DVDD, DVDFab, Cloner ll) and the results are always the same: everything seems to go fine in ripping and burning - never get any error messages. When I play the backup in my DVD player it starts fine and the quality is perfect but I get to a point in the movie (maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the way thru), and it just stops and returns to the player logo screen. I have tried this on about 6 different movies, using compression from DVD9 to DVD5 and also copying DVD9 to 2 different DVD5's and I have never gotten a complete backup - just coasters.

I am new to all this and don't have a clue what the problem is since I never get an error message - I don't see the problem til I playback in the player.

I am using cheap CompUSA DVD-R 1X media (but on a brand new Sony 16X burner). Could the media be the problem or it there something dumb that I am overlooking?

Thanks for any help.

Nitelatch

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I would definitely try better blank media ... yes

Maybe some Ritek G05 or Taiyo Yuden (can virtually guarantee these will play)