1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving up the ranks

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by kcc76, Jun 10, 2004.

1. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

just curious i have made 146 messages in thie forum since i joined and promoted to jnr member at 50? and was told at 100 you get promoted a gain but i havent
    how come

2. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

If I remember correctly, I read on one forum that they only bump people up like once a month or something.

Why are you so concerned about it by the way? Just curious.

3. brian100

brian100 Guest

kcc76

I had to pay to get "upped". Hope you have Paypal or Nochex accounts, may speed things up a little.

4. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

roedo4 its a status thing ive helped quite a few people i hope so its a way of showing how dedicated you are to the site i bet you dont want want to stay a jnr member for the rest of your life you want to make your way to a mod ??????? or is it just me

5. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

Honestly, it doesn't make much difference to me. I just wanted to change from being a newbie. I think some people take your advise a little less serious with the Newbie title attached to your name. I know for the most part I don't pay any attention anymore to what title someone has. Just because you are a member doesn't mean you know more than I do, it just means you post a lot more. Now senior members have to make like 1000 posts so those guys and gals have been here a while, just by dumb luck even someone who is an idiot and a senior member would have had to pick up some knowledge after being here that long. I don't know how interested I am in being a MOD, I just know I don't want to be an "afterdawn addict", those guys scare me! Just Kidding
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Toshiba Satellite
    P4 HT 2.6 Ghz
    1 Gb PC2700 DDR SDRAM
    NEC Nd-1300a External
    0 to Burn in 22 Minutes

DVD Collection - http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/roeod4[/small]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  6. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

I guess what I am trying to say is that someone can just go through and do what I am doing right now and keep making new posts over and over in a forum and it will up their rank in the system. Now does that make them better at giving out advice? No, it just means they have more time on their hands than the rest of us. Like I do today! LOL

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Thats right!!

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Not really .... it's a lot of work ... and people's always complaining and multiposting and violating rules and doing stupid crap you gotta fix and stuff :p ... it's not that much of a party :p

9. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

i see what what your saying but you did praetor??? and i see from your post s you get a lot of respect from what ive seen.so at the end of it isnt it a worthit just a bit ,he,he.

10. Praetor

Although yes I'm sure a bit of that respect does come from "don't fusk with the moderator or your account won't ever see the light of day again" but I would argue the majority of it comes from the way I respond to people. Granted I've vented on some people (when the more than deserved it -- that's just normal ) but in general I take the time to give out clear and concise response to help them get through whatever they are doing. You give out respect, you'll get some back :)

11. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

Wow, fasfrank that is the first time I have seen anyone quote me. Kinda cool! <(c:

I don't think at this point in time I would want to be a MOD. I have to yell at people all day at work for f*cking things up, why would I want to do it here too.

12. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

cheers for the replys its they have give me somthing to think about

13. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah dont worry about it, I've seen great posts from newbies and lousy ones from senior members. let your posts speak for themselves. And becoming a mod is not as cool as you think it is. You actually have to seperate yourself from things in order to moderate fairly. I had friends on here that I talked to daily when i was a member/Senior member but after i became a mod i actually had to ban a couple of them. I hardly post anymore unless it's "mod related". I just think that if a mod posts like crazy, and is all "buddy-buddy" with everyone, then they dont get the respect when it comes time to start booting people out, or laying the smack down. I've actually benn PM'd with this.."man why did you ban him, i thought you were friends?" People fail to see that being a mod has nothing to do with friendship, we enforce the rules that keep aD alive and kicking, and with only 14 mods for 100,000 members, we're busy!! So just go with the flow, you'll move up in the ranks soon enough.

14. Praetor

Damn dont I know it.

Dang is the ratio that whacked? LOL I never had time to check hehe

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Sorry Darthnip, I try better in the future. :)

16. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

haha, nah man, i was merely making a point, our seniors kick ass, thats why they are seniors :)

17. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

finally made member it took 200 posts.

18. Praetor

Thats cuz of the update thing runs once a month.

19. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

138 posts 71 threads jejeje im finally a member
    and i ove it
    thanks aD
    still i rather think myself as a newbie i still got a lot to learn

20. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

Feel better kcc76? Know you need to find out what it takes to make Senior Member. Now you need to find out what it takes to make senior member. Its probably like 1000 posts or something, so we both have a ways to go.