1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Question here....

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by zenarrrow, Feb 10, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Hello I have a really cheap rca lyra,OK. I am only able to get around 24 songs on it. I believe their is a way to get more? Could any one help!!! Thanks ---zen---> If this is the wrong forum for this could someone point me in the right direction.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yes, you're in the wrong forum. next time post audio questions in the audio forum. there are only two ways to get more songs on your portable mp3 player. 1) get a bigger memory card (which may not be an option depending on the player) or 2) compress your mp3s at a lower bitrate, which reduces the file size, which allows you to store more songs on there. If it were me, I would stick with quality over quantity, but its up to you. I wouldn't go below 96kpbs, as that is well below cd quality already.

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Thank you and sorry for posting wrong I love this forum. I have found out how to convert files to smaller size I don't know if that is the bitrate where could I find that?

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

don't know what program you're using, so I can't tell you exactly where the bitrate options are. but you want to look for a box where you can select options like 96kpbs, 128kbps, 160, 192, 256, 320. if you have made your filesize smaller than you have most likely lowered the bitrate, just watch the numbers and don't go too low or you will lose major quality. good luck

5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Hey, thank you I did shrink them to different sizes just to experiment with sound!!I think I have it figured out Their is a bar their that lets me select the size thanks again ---zen--> ( get it zenarrow )

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

glad to help