1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP4 from Windows Movie Maker to Blu-ray movie format

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by kezug, Sep 20, 2015.

1. kezug

kezug Newbie

I have a PC with Windows 8 64-bit with an i5 chip, a GTX 960 4GB video card and 16GB Ram (if this information helps)

I have created a couple of MP4 files using Windows Movie Maker using High Resolution Display output. This produced a 1920 x 1080 at 29.97 Frame Rate video as .MP4. Audio format is 192 kbps 48 kHz stereo.

The original source of these videos are from a Canon 70D as HD video.

I have 3 videos produced at the following file sizes: 13GB, 5.3GB and 1GB

For the life of me, my internet searching has come up short on finding out how to do this. I DO NOT WANT A STORAGE disc...I WANT A BD Disc of these movies to be played in BD Players.

I want to burn these files to Blu-ray disc to be played on a BD Player just like a BD movie would play. So, I believe want I want to do is called, 'author a Blu-ray'.

I either want the "video" to simply play on disc insertion or to have a very simple Menu (Menu to have a picture, with 3 options to play 1 of the 3 videos).

I want to do this for portability so the "discs" can be popped into anyones BD Player, just like movies we buy or rent can play in BD Players.

So, please, tell me what software and steps I need to do to achieve this.
    I also do not mind spending some money, but I am looking for freeware or least cost software for this 'one time authoring of Blu-ray content'.

I plan to get this BD Burner

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member