1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg to dvd capible of dvd player use.

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by blackball, Sep 26, 2004.

1. blackball

blackball Member

I am having a problem with a file I downloaded. It is in MPEG format but when I tried to transfer it threw Cucusoft mpeg to dvd burner I received a error message stating that the mpeg file is not dvd compatible file. What do I do? P.S. I am in the middle of trying the TMPGEnc program.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well it seems odvious to me....You have to convert the Mpeg file to a DVD Compliant mpeg2 File...

Tmpgenc can do it....

3. blackball

blackball Member

Thanks. What is it? And how do I get it?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can Find Tmpgenc by doing a simple Google search or you can look in the Software section of this web site and download it from there.....

Tmpgenc is a Mpeg encoder that you can use to convert your Non-DVD compliant Mpeg file into a DVD Compliant Mpeg2 file that you can then author to DVD....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  5. blackball

blackball Member

I think I am using the software incorrectly. This is what I am doing I download the movie as a avi(video clip) and this is where I am stuck. I try to use tmpgenc to convert but I do not understand. I tried to transfere one file but after I transfer the file I used the cheetah dvd burner to burn to dvd. And it will not play in the dvd player. What am I doing wrong. Can you tell me in dummy terms where I can understand? Thanks

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

This is Probably a problem either with useing that crappy Cheetah DVD Burner program or your DVD player is old and doesn"t support Burned DVD media....
    I think the problem is the program because it is the One that is Burning the DVD and if the Mpeg file isn"t a DVD ready Mpeg file then the cheetah program should not accept the file and if it does accept it then it should make a Playable DVD.....

If your Mpeg file is DVD compliant then try useing something else to Author it to DVD like something simple like "Tmpgenc DVD Author" or "DVDLab" and these programs will tell you why your Mpeg file isn"t DVD Compliant so you can correct the problem.....