1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpeg2 to DVD-video with Nero issue

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dlettani, Nov 26, 2004.

1. dlettani

dlettani Member

Hi,

I use Pinnacle PC TV stereo to record tv shows to my harddisk in mpeg2 format. To burn these files I use Nero VisionExpress.
    Issue is that when trying to put an mpeg2 file of about 1 hour on a DVD-video using Nero it goes transcoding for 1 hour before even starting to burn.

I hope it is not normal that this lengthy transcoding is necessary. Is there a better format I can record in or should I just use other soft to create video_ts files ready for burning? Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Thread moved to appropriate forum.

3. Persy

Persy Regular member

try using "TMPGEncDVDAuthor".....to convert it from mpeg2 to dvd.....but i think that will still take a long time cuz ur video is probably a gig right? an hour doesn't seem that long of a time for converting a gig from one format to another

4. dlettani

dlettani Member

you're probably right but I hoped to be able record in a format that can be written as is or with as less recoding possible to a dvd-video?