1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mpg music video's to Dvd - Is it possible

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Gusdad, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Gusdad

Gusdad Guest

Please help i'am new to this.The music video's you found on the internet,they are in a mpg format.I play and watch them with picaview,microsoft media player etc.Now i want to write them all to cd to play on my home Dvd. Is this possible and with what and how ?. I Have tried nero, they work on the computer with media player but not the home Dvd.

2. piano632

piano632 Regular member

The first thing you need to do is be sure your DVD player will play VCDs (Video CDs) as not all of them do. Read the manual on the DVD player to find out. If the DVD player isn't compatible with VCDs then they aren't going to play regardless of what you do. If it is compatible and they still don't play, the mpg's probably need to be converted to VCD standards. There are several programs which can do this. If Nero doesn't work, a good one for beginners is Ulead DVD Movie Factory (price is about $50). When you go to burn the disc, make sure you select VCD as the type of disc to make and not a data disc.

3. Gusdad

Gusdad Guest

Thanks for the advise it's working.