1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Audio Tracks in DVD Lab Pro

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Toupee, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Toupee

Toupee Member

Hi. I've put together what I believe to be a very polished DVD, save for one thing: multiple audio tracks. Frankly, I have NO idea how to use them, and my (admittedly short) expirments have not proven to be very fruitful. If anyone could give me a quick little runthrough on how to use them effectively (I have four different video tracks, each with two audio tracks) I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. This DVD has been put on hold too long!

I am using Beta 10 of DVD-Lab Pro. Thanks in advance!

2. Toupee

Toupee Member

Update: I noticed that by using the Audio button on a DVD remote, you can switch between the two tracks elegantly. Now the burning question that remains is, how do I work them into an actual menu?

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Toupee,
    That is quite a project. I was telling Keeper321 that I like to replace my movies with short clips so I can do the menu workups first. You would probably have to get the chapter menus installed after you get the actual movies in place though.

About the easiest way to have audio multiple audio tracks is to just put a button on your main menus that says "Select Audio" or something like that. Then make a new menu with three buttons:
    Track 1
    Track 2
    Return to Menu.
    Now you can link your audio tracks. Just right click the track 1 button, select link, and then select "set audio" Choose the track you want to link to. Do the same thing with track 2. Set the menu button to link back to your main menu.
    Not elegant, but workable.

Once a person selects a track with the remote control, they have to select the "go back to the main menu" button to be able to start the movie. I played around a couple hours with it today and could not come up with anything better. I set the audio menu to time out after a few seconds and return.

This works OK, but I would like the movie to start playing after selecting the audio track, or at least jump back to the main menu after selecting the track. If you figure it out, let me know!

One last thing... there is a beta 12 out now, You may want to get that. Oscar is still working out some rather large bugs.

Cheers,
    Frank
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    dual Xeon 3.06, 2 WD 76Gb Raptors, raid 0, Maxtor 250, 2Gb RAM, 2 monitors, GSXR1000, 88 Mazda truck
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004