1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple AVI's combine,one DVD disc HOW TO?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WolfSled, Dec 24, 2004.

1. WolfSled

WolfSled Guest

i want to put several simpsons episodes as avi's and one wmv onto one dvd disc. how should i go about doing this? i have winavi, and a few others. do i need to use avisplit? if so, can someone send a link to the proper one. otherwise, can i do a batch with winavi and will it combine them? or should i use my pinnacle movie studio and make a movie out of them, and save to AVI? that will take up a whole hard drive and i dont have the space for that option...

HELP

2. WolfSled

WolfSled Guest

oops, let me clarify, the files are now avi, but would lilke them to play in DVD player. maybe i can make a svcd to save one of my dvd cds... any ideas on a method?

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

You may try DVDSanta, as long as size is not a problem, it can handle videos of different formats all at one time very well.

4. WolfSled

WolfSled Guest

well, apparently winavi will handle both formats anyhow. So im good there. I had my bouts with dvd santa, couldnt find a fix for it so i could try it out, didnt want to see the banner, so gave up on it.

But my main question is, how to i get multiple movies (mpg.s) onto the dvd disk(wait, dont i use a CD instead of a DVD for svcds?).

i thought if it were dvd, would it do the video_ts files properly to make all the movies play one after another, i doubt it wihtout making chapters, sounds complicated. also i heard abotu using avi split at one time and that it was needed to combine movies. any input on this would be appreciated,

but,

since im going the svcd route, its putting the files as .mpgs, so my question is, how do i properly add the mpg files to a dvd disk using nero and have all the mpg files available to play, and even better, from a menu, or dvd chapter control?

do i burn this to a cd or dvd, assuming i want to go with svcd method?

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

If you have the mpegs ready, then it's quite straightforward: At NeroStartSmart, click 'CD' or 'DVD'. Then click 'make vcd', 'make supervcd', or 'make your own dvd video', then follow the lead from there. You can create a menu with chapters etc., no problem.
    Good luck!