1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple bin/cue's

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by frylock, Jan 30, 2005.

1. frylock

frylock Guest

I've recently downloaded a few backups of games (that I've already purchased) using bit torrent. The files come in seperate folders for the respective cd's, inside are multiple files, about 1/2 of them are rar'd up- the others aren't. when I select the rar'd files and 'extract here' I get a prompt to overwrite existing files.

I've experimented with different options, ie: just unrar'ing the first bin/cue file, and apparently I am able to mount this with Daemon.

So, how many of these need to be unrar'd? Somehow when I was unpacking and installing vampire: bloodlines, the 3 cd's ended up taking about 4.5 gigs of space on my hd lol..

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Somtimes WinRAR puts all the files in a default HD directory, not in the corrent one. Please make a check. If so: unpack the first, move the files in a specific dir and go on (or either change the WinRAR settings: unpack in the current dir, not in a spacific one). Maybe all cue/bins have the same name, e.g. 'image.cue' and 'image.bin'.

3. guffaw

guffaw Member

hello

i've had trouble with same program...
    are you supposed to extract all the rar files - there's 30 odd - or juts the one that contains both the bin and cue files?
    could do with some guidance here
    info file that came with the download gave no details other than insisting that disc one be burnt with alcohol 120%
    thank for any advice