1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple files into one?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by NEStar, Jan 10, 2007.

1. NEStar

NEStar Member

I wanted to put some tv shows on my hard dive for when I travel (I don't want to have to pack a bunch of discs that can be lost/stolen).

So I used Full Disc Rip on DVDFabDecrypter to rip the DVD and that gave me all the eps over a bunch of MPEG files. From reading through the forum, I think I should be using Auto GK to convert the MPEGs, but is there a way to make one file out of the MPEG's?

I've read the guides and tutorials, searched the forum, but I can't find a way to do this. (I might have seen a post telling how to do this but not have recognized what it was).

Am I making sense? Can someone help me with this?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You can just store the files in a folder, one folder for each title. Alternatively, just open the files in DVD Shrink and output a "hard disk folder". Be sure to go to:

Edit -> Preferences... -> Output Files tab -> uncheck "Split VOB files into 1 GB chunks"

This should yield a single VOB file along with an ISO and BUP file in the folder. You can trash the VOB and IFO files and just keep the VOB file.

Another option is to rip ISO image files and then either use VLC Media player to play the ISO or use Daemon Tools, Nero ImageDrive, or Alcohol 120% to mount the ISO as a virtual DVD for playing.