1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My burner won't record

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by hvsmcom, Oct 19, 2004.

1. hvsmcom

hvsmcom Member

I need to determine the type of internal DVD/RW burner I have.

Can anyoone tell me what this means:
    Sony 04-D1
    Hl-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA4040B

I have a gateway desktop system & have been ripping with DVD shrink & Burning with NERO 6.0 beta(I think that's it). The last movie of mine I backed up successfully was Walt Disney's Aladdin. I then ripped Walt Disney's Dinosaur. But, when I went to burn it the process fails. I have tried ripping others successfully but if I try to burn them the same end result. The failed burn time takes forever before the drawer opens & I'm told the process failed.

I think this may be a question for more than one forum but first I need to figure out what type of DVD drive I have, I guess. Anyone recognize the Sony notation above?

Thanks.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Doc' Hendrickson[/small]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  2. jacota20

jacota20 Member

im not sure, but i think you have a drive that burns dvd-r/rw/ram. this long failed burn time happened to me with nero 6.0. the new version 6.6 is a huge improvement and will burn all formats.

try ripping with shrink in iso mode, and burn with dvd decrytor. shrink will open up decryptor when its ready to burn. and decryptor burns to all formats.