1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My CD Burner isn't working...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by MarkMarky, Feb 10, 2005.

1. MarkMarky

MarkMarky Member

I'm sorry if a problem like this has been posted before, I'm new here. Well anyways, I'm trying to burn a CD, and this message keeps coming up telling me to "insert a blank disc", although I already have one in there. This problem started last night. I burned a CD just fine, then 10 minutes later, when I tried to make another cd it won't read the blank disc. I tried the uninstall method and then restart so your computer notices you have a "new device" then installing it again. I then tried burning the cd again, but it got a little furthur this time. It inspected and converted all the music files, but then it freezes and stops the burning process when it starts to copy. And now? My CD driver isn't reading blank discs anymore. I've tried using different discs and such, but it's not doing anything. Can anyone please help me fix this?

By the way, I use Windows Media Player. I have RecordNow also, but I don't use that. I tried burning the cd using RecordNow, but it's not reading the blank disc either.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

how old is the drive. have you tried cleaning the laser lens. what is your computer specs, windows version & burning program?

3. MarkMarky

MarkMarky Member

My drive is about 2 years old, I haven't tried cleaning the lens. I have a cd that cleans laser lens, maybe I'll try that. Uhh, my computer specs? 512 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, 2.0 Ghz AMD Athlon Processor, 64 MB NVIDIA Graphic Card, etc. Tell me if you need to know any other specs. I use Windows XP, and I use Windows Media Player to burn, but I also have RecordNow, which only my parents use.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  4. MarkMarky

MarkMarky Member

someone help?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you tried the lens cleaner?? does it read burnt & manufactured cd

6. MarkMarky

MarkMarky Member

K i'll go try that once I've found my laser lens cleaning disc.