1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my converted xvid doesn't produce sound

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by arandil, Sep 24, 2004.

1. arandil

arandil Member

hi,

i just tried to convert an xvid to dvd with tmpgenc. First time i just clicked anc changed a bit. I was satisfied with the quality of the picture but it didn't produce any sound. today i tried this guide (http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides.php?category=othertodvd&name=tmpgencxpress)
    and it still doesn't work. I saw a thread with the same problem here and there was suggested that the audio need to be converted with virtualdub. But surily it needs to work with tmpgenc also? Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks at forehand

2. knifeman

knifeman Member

1. Download virtual dub mod
    2. Run it
    3. Open the original avi
    4. Strip the audio using the streams menu and sav as wav
    5. In TMPGEnc change the audio input to the saved audio file. (Although it's called "Save to wav" in virtualdubmod it's usually not). TMPGEnc has some trouble decoding VBR Mpeg 3 audio streams.

Should work fine doing that.

P.S A way to check whether the audio will work is to click on "source range" where you crop the file. If you see fluctuating waveforms while moving the slider through your video, it usually means that it can see an audio stream and it'll work. If you get a flatline, you will need to demux the audio stream seperately (which i just explained how to do above).

3. arandil

arandil Member

thanks a lot, that worked. Got a bit of a problem though. The sound isn't synchronized after the conversion. How can i make sure this is correct?

4. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

ive done this before using the same method above and it came out fine. but i have had it not work before also. this was brought up somewhere else in the forums a little while ago and Minion recommended an avi audio decompressor. I havent tried it myself but Minion is sort of an authority on these things. PM me with your email and i'll send it for you to try

5. arandil

arandil Member

well i kinda worked it out myself. In tmpgenc i set the sound back witj 1260 ms. I previewed it and it worked flawless! So i made an output. But then the frustration hit. It was again out of sync! How the hell is this possible? And is it possible to change this in the mpeg, so i don't have to start all over again with tmpgenc...