1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My F: drive is somehow my boot disk now i'm stuck!!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by cardifboy, Nov 9, 2004.

1. cardifboy

cardifboy Guest

Somehow i've managed to change my boot startup to my F: drive and any program i load onto the computer is placed there, this wouldn't be a problem but it has a capacity of 3.5Gb and is now full. It has a complete copy of all the windows system files and it also won't let me delete it a it i sharing it with my C:.

I've transferred all my files i wanna keep to another part of the C: and it's 14Gb. I'm at the end of my tether now after spending about a week trying to sort it out.

I've got a DVD writer to copy the files i wanna keep but one of the videos is 13Gb, how can i copy this?

I've got the Windows Service Pack 1 Disc. I just wanna erase my pc and start again can't find the option for this on Windows either. Can anyone direct me to sanity as i'm going mad!!!!!!!

Cheers all.
    Matt.

2. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey!

Do you have a functioning operating system on drive C?
    If you are SURE you do, you can change the boot order from the Bios. From what you wrote, you keep booting to drive F which is 3.5gb. If you enter the Bios and change the boot order from Hard Drive 0 to Hard Drive 1, you should boot to C and then be able to delete the F drive.

Don't change the Floppy or the CD Rom. Look for the Hard Drive and make the change. After you delete the drive you may get a disk error the next time you boot. If you do, change the Hard Drive back to 0 in the bios and you will be fine.

If you have any problem just change the hard Drive boot to 0 and you will be back to where you are now.

I'm assuming that if you installed the 3.5gb HD, you will be familiar with the Bios. I'm also assuming you have only two Hard Drives installed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2004