1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PC won't boot up

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Hawaii21, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Hawaii21

Hawaii21 Member

My friend installed some program that deleted something in my com puter so that it won't even log up to the main user screen all it does is it starts up all the way to the windows XP logo with the scrolling bar and then shows for a breif second the windows is login gon screen then it just restsrts all over again and if keeps doing this over and over and over ??? Can Anyone help me. I have already tried to put in my HOME CD but it doesn't do anything either ?? Can anyone Help me !! PLEASE !! im desperate I don't want to loose the info I had on ther

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Tried to boot on to ""SAFE MODE"" ??

press F8 as soon as you power on the PC and hold it -- A Safe Mode screen should come up -- Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.

In safe mode, you have access to only basic files and drivers (mouse, monitor, keyboard, mass storage, base video, default system services, and no network connections)

Once in Safe mode , you can access SYSTEM RESTORE -- and go back a few days before the incident . That is if you didnt turn off system restore previously.