1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY Sony DRU-510A DVD±RW Writer has stopped working/help plz.

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dave25, Jun 14, 2003.

1. weawen

weawen Guest

I did get an RMA, and I put my name and address along with the RMA number right on teh drive it self. I sure hope I can get it back soon as i really liked that drive.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

have you installed the latest drivers from sony? It comes with the 1.0b drivers, mine stopped working, so I went to sony support.com, installed 1.0c drivers- hey presto! Then this week I noticed it was taking longer & longer to read/write dvds. I went to sony support - there were the new drivers 1.0d. Installed, now it reads/writes how it should. How long these will last is anyones guess!.
    I think the problem is that manufacturers churn out software/hardware without properly testing them, in the vain hope that "it'll do"!
    It's a shame that manufacturers treat customers with apparent contempt, then provide little help.
    Sony knows that the dru510a has issues, why can't they just do their job properly and treat customers with the respect we rightly deserve.
    I use dvdx platinum, it seems to work with my system ok ( athlon 2600 clocked to 2.2, 1 gig ram, msi k72n delta motherboard, 120 gig hd, geforce fx5600 ultra 256ddr, FSB @173 to keep the system reasonably fast & stable) I use packard bell dvds, beware, buy cheap disks risk high failure rate. I have found it is best to experiment with drivers & media to find which is best for you. Welcome to the truly frustrating world of PC's, incompetent manufacturers/shops, software & hardware!! Just keep experimenting, hopefully time, patience and doggedness will get you there!