1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My XbOx WoNt CoNnEcT tO My CoMpUtEr!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bobbydoom, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bobbydoom

bobbydoom Guest

i bet im not the first but my box wont connect i have tried everything in my knowlage to fix this problem so then i figuired out i should do this forum.....

i have an xbox 360 too if that helps and im using the ethernet cable i got with that it works on the 360 fine but the xbox doesnt want to connect

if it makes a difference i am using a modem called 'zoom adsl'

anyway is there any thing i could try

2. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, there is. List the network settings on both the PC and Xbox. Without those how can anyone tell if the settings are right?

My Xbox and my 360 i use the same wireless gaming adapter with so it should be fine. If the 360 connects and you do not have them both hooked up at the same time then the Xbox settings should match what you have in the 360 that does connect.

3. bobbydoom

bobbydoom Guest

my xbox 360 is all automatic settings and it connects really easy but my damm normal 1 wont connect my friend has his wired upbut im not sure how i think he has a wirelass router im hopefully getting 1 soon so is there any more chance of it connecting

4. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

ArE YoU usIng a PatCH CaBLe oR aN EtheRNeT CroSSoVeR CaBle iF YoU aRe UsInG A RoUtER tO CoNNEcT tHE XbOX to ThE pC yOu nEEd a sTRaIgHt tHrOUgh pAtCH cAbLe If yoU arE cOnNecTIng THe XboX1 dIreCtLY tO tHE Pc yOu neeD a cRosSoVeR CaBle fUrTHurEmoRe iF yOu aRe mAkinG a dIrEct lInK yoU NeEd tO sEt sTaTIc Ip aDDreSSes oN yOuR pC aND xBoX yOu CaN uSe DhCp iF yOu ArE usINg a rOuTeR

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Allegro1
    Nice. trying to show how annoying the writing for the thread title was?

and actually you can use a cat5 ethernet cable to connect strait to the PC or through a router. And you can also use DHCP for both types as long as that is how the PC is set up. That is what i did. And there are so many factors why it will not connect.
    check the settings on both, make sure you have the same information in the 360 settings as you do in the Xbox 1
    make sure you set your hacked dash to STatic: no so it automatically picks up an IP adress, DSN, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway from the PC.

Listing your PC settings and Xbox dash settings like i asked above would really help though.