1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mytouch 3g link2sd

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by keebles, Aug 20, 2012.

1. keebles

keebles Regular member

I have a HTC Mytouch 3g(android 1.6(rooted)and have been trying to get link2sd working, but every time I try to create a second partition for link2sd, the phone says that the SD card is damaged and needs to be formatted. I have tried most of the tutorials on google with no luck. Is there a way to get this app to work on this phone?

I have looked into installing a custom rom, but I don't feel confident enough to install one. I am afraid I might KO the phone and not have a cell phone then.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Isn't it possible that your sd card is actually damaged? Or is it working fine if you partition it as a single partition?

Have you rooted your phone? It sounds as if you haven't. I used to have a Mytough3G, and I'd suggest that you have to be rooted to use that functionality (presumablys link2sd moves apps from /system/data to your sd?), particularly on an OS as early as Donut (it has literally been years since I had one, so can't remember).

Rooting a Mytouch3g is a very straightforward process to be honest, the likelihood of your bricking your phone is pretty slim. As far as I can remember, you can run up to Eclair/2.1 pretty smoothly on a Mytouch.

3. keebles

keebles Regular member

I have tried 2 SD cards and both are fine. I only get "the SD card might be damaged and needs to be formatted" when I make the second partition for Link2sd. I also am sure that I am rooted. I rooted the phone using superoneclick method and I am able to run barnacle wifi tether (which requires root to work) with no problem. I even tried some apps that check to see if you are rooted and all said I was.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

5. keebles

keebles Regular member

anyways, thanks for your help

6. keebles

keebles Regular member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  7. keebles

keebles Regular member

OK so here is what I did.
    1) rooted my phone with superoneclick(phone is running android 1.6 stock(rooted)
    2) Installed link2sd from market place
    3) copied all my sd card files to my computer
    4) downloaded minitool partition wizard
    5) deleted the original partion
    6) created a 4gb fat partition marked as primary
    7) created a 10gb fat32 partition marked as primary
    8) created them and copied back all my files to the sd card.
    9) rebooted phone and ran link2sd and now everything works great