1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC 1300 & 1100

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Navek, May 21, 2003.

1. Navek

Navek Member

I am having problems writing at *4 on both DVDs, I have tried 4 types of media including Bulk Pack. With both the latest versions of Nero and Roxio. They only give me the option of 2.4 speed write. At the moment I have them in USB 2 external cases but have tried fitting them into a High Spec PC. Have written loads of copies on the 1100 with no problems but the 1300 has just done it first illegal media with Bulk Pack Generation 4. but likes general Purpuse Bulk Pack.

Last edited: May 21, 2003
  2. sirrah

sirrah Member

Bulk pack sucks (if not now, then later). Try datawrite's 4X. If got some problems with a bulk pack on my 1300A.

3. sirrah

sirrah Member

I can mail you a new firmware if you like mail me at REMOVED!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Try new Datawrite 4x Ritek G04's, not the reds or yellows, but silver

5. mpodber

mpodber Member

Just got the burner, and the vendor didn't supply drivers for it. Any idea where I can get drivers for Windows 2000? NEC doesn't have them

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I got a NEC DVD+RW 1100A and I need a new firmware....I go to the site that the disk I got tells me to go to,and they don't support my drive. So I go to the site that supports my drive,and they have a crap-load of upgrade files for me to choose from. All of them are 'untested'.....can anyone help me out by giveing me a hint on what one to use? I should have bought different disks.....really,what was I thinking? All this hassle.

7. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

sirrah , email address removed because they are against the rules. It is to protect you from spam bots!

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

OK,so I got the firmware upgrade....and I flash my drive. Now I have a new problem....my burner will not write on +R's properly. It will however write on +RW's. What is going on with this crap? Has anyone been through this yet? HELP ME PLEASE

9. Myst

Myst Guest

I can burn in DVDrw's but when i try to burn on -r .. it spits an "incompatible format error"

any ideias guys?

10. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I tried everything...then I tried to burn a "back-up" with dvdxcopy,and it worked on a DVD+R. So,after that i figured that it wasn't the flash that screwed my burner....it was something else. So,what I did was simple.....just removed and re-installed nero.

TA and DA...problem solved. Hope it works for you.

11. Myst

Myst Guest

i installed a new firmware :D