1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP!!!! CD Burner and DVD Burners don't work

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ken_919, Jan 27, 2005.

1. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

I have 1 cd burner and 2 dvd burners on my computer.(All are internal) I had them installed for a couple of months and no problem. The other day, they were gone from my computer. (They don't show-up when you go to My Computer) The drawers on the burners could open and close, but couldn't play anything. I went to My Computer, Right Click and selected Properties, Hardware, Device Manager. Under Drives, it shows all three drives and with a yellow exclamation mark. I've uninstalled them and then re-installed them, but each time I re-install them, it says that there's an error. It says: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) How can I fix this problem? I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you updated or removed ec cd creator from roxio. check this link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060.

RESOLUTION
    WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps: 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
    4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
    6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  3. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

Thank you so much ddp, you really helped me out.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem, teach & learn