1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help friends cant join my server

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by romeo_22, Jan 4, 2008.

1. romeo_22

romeo_22 Member

Whenever i create a server on bf2 or cs source my friends cant join my server,all happened since i moved to sky broadband and im now using their router,im almost certain the router must be blocking something out,both game are unblocked using the vista firewall as its the only firewall im using,so what can i do so my friends can join me? and how can i find my proper ip? as i get somfused between the ip im assigned by the router,i use xfire to connect to my friends or them to me.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Moved to appropriate forum.

3. romeo_22

romeo_22 Member

Thanx

4. varnull

varnull Guest

You have a dynamic ip.. it will change every so often, sometimes even hourly, daily or every time you reboot the router..

find your ip.. http://whatismyip.com/

Find which ports your game server runs on.. and forward them through your router.

also check your terms of service from sky.. they may not allow running game servers.

5. romeo_22

romeo_22 Member

Theres got to be another way? can i assign an ip so i can give that out and my mates can connect to it?