1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help ftp from mac to xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by crs100975, Aug 13, 2004.

1. crs100975

crs100975 Member

I can't ftp from my xbox to my mac. I need help. I can use fetch to view the xbox but can't transfer files. What am I doing wrong and what software do I need? I am new to this so please be specific, not sure what I'm doing.

2. razkal1

razkal1 Member

Use Interarchy to ftp into your box. Once you're in copy the contents of your xbox to a folder on your desktop. Download Xiso app, drag your folder onto the xiso app and let it create your image. Take your image and burn a disc using Toast.

3. crs100975

crs100975 Member

What is Xiso? How does it work? Where do I get it? Am I downloading from the xbox hard-drive or the dvd drive? I'm clueless, please help.

4. razkal1

razkal1 Member

5. crs100975

crs100975 Member

Thanks razkal1. I'll try when I get home from work.

6. crs100975

crs100975 Member

I went to the website, which application do I need? There are about 20 or so. I know nothing about this xbox/mac stuff. So when you explain something, pretend I'm a child, because more than likely I'm not going to understand what you are talking about. I'm still confused, but I thank you for your help.

7. razkal1

razkal1 Member

8. crs100975

crs100975 Member

Here is the message I get when I try to transfer files from D: to My Stuff through Transmit: Size is not implemented (Error - 162) What am I doing wrong?

9. razkal1

razkal1 Member

You're porbably not doing anything wrong. Most of the FTP clients that I've used for the Mac are ASS! What I mean by that is they seem to have a difficult time comunicating with the xbox, it seems to be a little bit of hit or miss. You can try turning a few things off like Passive mode, but what I've found to the best solution is using another FTP client called "Interarchy" It's the only client that hasn' t failed me yet. Once you get connected let me know how you make out with the transfer.

10. crs100975

crs100975 Member

I have been trying to use Interarchy, but keep getting the same error "Size is not implemented (Error - 162)". What else can I do? I feel that I'm close to getting this, thanks for helping me.

11. razkal1

razkal1 Member

Try only transfering one file at a time.
    Make a folder on your desktop and transfer everything there... and make sure you're not on the internet while transfering files.

12. crs100975

crs100975 Member

I have tried just about everything. Nothing works. I using Transmit with OS 10.3. I can see the files, but keep getting the same error. What are all your preferences set on. Are you using a router? What IP address should I be connecting to. Are there an special setting in Transmit that need checked? I'm so close. Thanks for your help.

13. razkal1

razkal1 Member

Yeah, I'm using a router. You should make sure that your personal firewall is turned off on your router. To do this you'll have to access your personal settings on your router usually like a 192.168.1.1, or something like that. Also go in to your Macs system preferences, once there go to sharing, in sharing turn off your firewall to allow incoming communication.
    As far as any settings in my FTP client there's nothing special that you should have to do other than playing with passive mode.
    Keep trying, it is possible and worth all of the effort.