1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help ftp xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by needhelp8, Jan 16, 2005.

1. needhelp8

needhelp8 Member

hey ppl i have a problem connecting my pc to my xbox i tried both ways :connecting my pc directly to my xbox or tried connecting it using my router and both didnt work i dont knoe why ...i have my xbox modded its a evo x thing ...but i dont know how to ftp it with my comp...can someone plzzz help i want the direct connection guide ...so thats what i got so far...i made a xbox ip and a computer ip the pcz ip is higher than the xboxz ip ..ppl told me to do that ...i dont know what the DNS for my xbox should be its set on 0.0.0.0 ...and im using qwix ..flashfxp...leechftp and non of them work ...what am i doin wrong :(

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

If you have a router I would use the router instead of the direct connection.With the direct connect, you need a crossover cable.With a router, you can use a less expensive patch cable.Some people set static ip numbers for their xbox and you can go that route but I always enable DHCP in the dashboard settings and have the router assign an IP for the xbox.Once you connect your patch cable to your router and back to your xbox, turn on your xbox and you should be able to see the IP number of your xbox within the network settings of Evox.Avalaunch dash has it on the front screen,bottom left corner.
    You have to have the dashboard running or an xbox program running(that has ftp access)to connect.
    You take that IP you see within the dashboard settings and type it into the Server or URL: window within FlashFXP(mine is 192.168.0.5) Username is xbox, and password is xbox.
    Hit the connect button and you should connect and see the C,D,E,F,X,Y,Z partitions

3. needhelp8

needhelp8 Member

hey i dont know if my xbox has the evox dashboard on it ...all i know is when i start the comp it shows the evo x symbol on the rite top corner ....does it mean i have the evox dashboard or does it mean that my xbox is modded?? plzzz try give me more details and if i have to download the evox dashboard where can i find it...i dont know how they modded my xbox ...because my dad did it in thailand or somewhere so they didnt explain nothing to me....thx for ur help eh

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Just means your booting with an evox bios.You need to create a evolutionX dash boot disc.You won't be able to FTP in unless your running a different dashboard.Some of the new mod chips have FTP through there software without even booting into any dashboard.