1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help in selecting/installing bios/dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Rogue_77, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

I've just installed my Ice chip in and I believe I backed up all the files off it. Now I'm interested in installing the good stuff. But the thing is, everything I've seen so far assumes the reader knows basically what they are doing which I for one do not.

I can use some help in understanding what the hell I'm doing now. What is the purpose of a new bios when with the OS on the ICE chip allows me to simply load up a new dashboard. Can anyone suggest a bios and dash to use with maybe instructions for a noob to follow? I have a v1.0 xbox with a v2 ICE OS

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

use the x2_4983 bios...and the dashboard of your choice.

and for your information, not all the tutorials assume you know what you are doing...there are tons of tuts that walk you completely through everything...you just didn't search well enough.

3. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

What about the Slayer stuff I've heard so much about, is that strictly dashboard material?

I'm assuming I can find the bios thru bittorrent?

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

not sure if slayer's has the new x24983 bios...but yeah once you get the chip flashed you can use slayer's to install evox and some apps...very nice, does it all for you.

5. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

Would it be recommended that I backup the ICE bios before flashing? I know there was an option to back up the EEPROM but not sure where it'll be stored

6. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

I highly recommend slayers. It's pretty damn good.

7. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

Where do I find x2_4983? I looked at xbox-scene but can't find it anywhere, ditto for #xbin v3029.

8. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

Ok, I found x2_4983.06_256k.bin
    Will this support a 200Gb drive?