1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help new to this!!! Best Reciever to buy???? Jerry?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by lilram86, Feb 3, 2007.

1. lilram86

lilram86 Member

I am new at this but have confidence in myself. I was wondering what reciever I should buy. I have been thinking about the Viewsat 2000 Platinum. But the new ones can be updated via USB on the front like the ultra. I have heard that the 2000 platinum is great and is about $150. So what would be the best one to buy considering the ease of updating and how often it would need to be updated. Jerry if you read this i would like a response from you considering that you seem to know a good bit about this sort of thing. Any other opinions would be helpfull. Thanks for your time people...

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I own the Platinum and think its a great box. If I'm not mistaken its being discontinued as the Platinum model. Support for it should still continue so if you find a good price on it I would buy it. I don't worry about how it needs updated unless it was too hard to move to the computer. That doesn't worry me but if you like the front usb setup then go for that one. Updates depend on how often the sat providers mess with the encryption so no way to tell about how often you may need to do that. I have only updated my box about 3 times in the last 6 months. The update is very easy to do and takes less than 5 minutes after you have done it a few times.

Jerry

3. lilram86

lilram86 Member

Thanks for the input man, I think i will go witht the ultra since its newer and all. THANKS...

4. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Jerry, what's the best FTA HD reciever I can buy?

Thanks.