1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with roxio

Discussion in 'Audio' started by geezer55, Aug 11, 2004.

1. geezer55

geezer55 Member

I've been burning a lot of music cd's lately without any problem, but now, Roxio6 gives me a disc error message...'corrupted format on the disk...the recorder cannot read or write information to the disc.' The songs I try to burn are in a directory on my computer...14 gigs worth! I've tried re-burning songs I've already successfully burned, and still get the error message. I've even tried different brands of discs, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Roxio6. What can I do?? Thank you in advance for your help!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The geeze[/small]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Geezer Man that sounds like a toughie ! I have easy cd& dvd 6 platinum and can't say that I have had the say problem . does it happen only with certain brands of media one brand or any media (blank cdr-s your using. Also you are'nt by any chance running nero as well as easy cd & dvd creator 6 because they don't play nice together .have added programs or changed configurations around on your computer perhaps! are you burning mp3 disc or regular music cd's perhaps your mp3s files are corrupted or wav files if thats what your burning.At the risk of sounding like roxio I would try a remove and reinstall and see if that helps first I wish I could be more helpful but thats all I can think of from what you posted . also run a virus check on your hard drive and or check for spyware or adware perhaps that might be causing your problem? hope you figure it out ! goog luck buddy
    bigtoxy69

3. geezer55

geezer55 Member

Hey BIGTOXY69... thanks for your input. I tried everything you suggested, but to no avail. No matter which mp3 songs I try to record, it gives me the same message about corrupted format. I have about 14 gigs worth of mp3's on my computer and it seems that suddenly none of them will record for some strange reason. They play just fine using winamp or windows media player, so I know they aren't corrupt. Still scratching my head over this one....

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Geezer sorry could not be of anymore help . perhaps you are having some sort of program conflict? have you added some new software right before the problem arose? one more thing you could try if you are using win XP and you know when this problem started date- wise anyway is just use system restore and back it up to a day before it happened this might work . hope you eventually get it sraight roxio can be a bear sometimes I was having problems with dvd builder till I determined my downloaded video files were corrupt and causing the program to hang. I realise your not doing video but mp3 but I feel for you ,to0k me lots of removes reinstalls & things + research to figure it out. so hang in there geez and again sorry I wasn't more help -bigtoxy69

5. thargor

thargor Member

Wow this is a total bummer.
    If you are running XP try burning the file on the built in cd writing (sorry can't remember how to do it), if they write then this will eliminate the hardware. Otherwise do a full uninstall, then get "Registry Medic" and search for any Roxio garbage thats hanging around, get rid of it and then do a reinstall.

No joy then report back for another head scratching session.

Thargor.

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

that sounds like a great Idea - geezer might even try roxizap. exe it getsn rid of anything that an unistall may leave behind.hope he gets his setup staight and with more friends like you trying to help I'm sure he will! good luck geezer- bigtoxy69

7. geezer55

geezer55 Member

thanks again guys... I was able to record 1/2 of a song using media player. I'm running windows xp pro. After recording half of one song, it stopped, and beside the rest of the 12 unrecorded songs, it said 'won't fit on disc'. I only used 6.5 mb on the partial recording, so there was plenty of room for more... could I have a bad recorder? it's a Philips I've had for 4 years now... suggestions? thank ya'll for your help.. we might get this thing worked out sooner or later.

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Geezer - could be a bad drive ? if have another drive installed that you don't normally use to record try that one. If not maybe borry a friends spare if they will let you. OR you could buy a new one and try it . The price curve is good ! I paid about 400 dollars for my 1st burner a 2x Hewlett Packard then after about two years it would'nt record right it would mess up my disc -bought another one HP 10x this time- price269.95 + tax before my old computer screwed up was still using it and the 2X found out DmA was not checked on that drive & worked fine, Now depending on what you want you can get a burner that does 48-52 X for under $ 50.00 and dvd/combo/multiformat burners for under 80.00 So beg borrow But don,t steal a drive . if you don't have a problem with that one congratulations you wore the last one out! basically they've become so inexpensive that you can afford to chuck'em when the go bad.And besides being this is the weekend sales come out on sunday so you might be able to pick one up for almost nothing- @ compusa -bestbuy -circuit city or whatever! ! or order one online if you find a price you like Newegg.com has a Rosewill?_$37.00 I'm not familiar with that brand but the price is right? One more thing to try -maybe you could try your drive in another computer if it's crappy there it probably is the drive. Hope your Burning Issue is resolved soon my friend good night & good luck
    bigtoxy69

9. mlcat

mlcat Member

similar problem I have roxio easy cd creator, i have real one player, musicmatch, recordnow. nothing is working. sometimes it will get to 98% and then say there is a problem. with easy cd creator this is one of the errors

Disc Read Error - Sense:03 ASC:73 ASCQ:03 (Command:2A)

where do you get registry medic?

any suggestions. I have serious projects that need to be copied to disc or I dont graduate.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  10. thargor

thargor Member

Registry Medic from www.iomatic.com .

Can I suggest you need to get Google installed as it will help in finding out a lot of info that you may have to wait a long time for on the forums.

Thargor

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Geezer55- friends romans countrymen lend me your ears! But seriously folks one final thing you may want to check geez old friend is to go to device manager and make sure that DMA is Checked & or enabled ! A gremlin apparantley changed and disabled the DMA setting on my first HP 2X cd drive I ruined about 60 cdr blanks and bought a new drive till one day I read about DMA in Maximum PC and reset it voila my 2xdrive doth live again ! Can,t garruntee it'll work for you but could'nt hurt to try! before I fixed that my 1st. drive would record maybe 1 or 2 songs then stop recording & screw up the data/audiop on that disc. thought maybe had bad disc so tried another & another ect. Your problem may not be the same geez! but I figured you might want to check this if you had'nt already! hope you get your drive back rockin' geez good luck and burn on! Bigtoxy69