1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP, XBOX WON'T BOOT UP.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by spcnieves, Feb 2, 2005.

1. spcnieves

spcnieves Member

I INSTALLED SPIDERCHIP 1.0 ON MY XBOX 1.0 BUT HAD SOME TROUBLE LINING UP THE CHIP. AFTER TRYING FOR 2 DAYS I DECIDE TO GIVE IT A BREAK AND PLAY SOME XBOX WITHOUT THE CHIP. I PLUGGED EVERYTHING AND NOW MY XBOX JUST FLASHES GREEN TO RED TO ON AND OFF. NEED HELP PLEASE. I DON'T WANT TO BUY A NEW XBOX.

2. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

So by w. out the chip do you mean you took it off the motherboard?
    Did you flash the spiderchip w. a bios?

3. spcnieves

spcnieves Member

I NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO FLASH THE CHIP, YES I TOOK OFF THE CHIP BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET IT TO LINE UP AND NOW MY XBOX WON'T BOOT.

4. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

FIRST OFF QUIT YELLING, ok now we got that out of the way, it could be a few things but it sounds like you might of messed up your tsop somehow, which means you will have to get the chip going it has a tsop chip on it. hopefully it is not a messed up mb but inspect it carefully to see if something is messed up, it also could be a messed up eeprom which is harder

5. spcnieves

spcnieves Member

what's the tsop and how do i fix it? I really don't know what is the tsop.

6. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

which means you will have to get the chip going (the mod chip that you bought) the tsop is basically the same as the cmos on a computer(do you know what this is?)when you first turn on your computer this chip has the basic start-up procedure. , the modcip has a tsop chip on it also. you are going to need to flash that chip somehow before it will work if it is blank. but i do not see how this corrupted your xbox tsop, maybe you need to recheck all your connections and where you were tring to allighn you chip and see if you might have damaged a motherboard trace in that area that may need fixed later yankeered