1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Motorola v180 USB Driver help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Marine22, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Marine22

Marine22 Member

I'm only in town for 2 weeks, and I just got a v180 motorola. I downloaded the Motorola Mobile PhoneTools v3.11h, and it won't connect to my phone. It just sits there and says initializing. I want to load ringtones, pix, and games onto it, but it just doesn't seem to work. If anyone can tell me if I need another program, or how to work this one, or even a site where I can download and have it eplained to me how to do it I'd REALLY appreicate it b/c my time is limited on getting this done. If you could reply on here or e-mail me at psycho22marine@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help guys.

2. cnote01

cnote01 Guest

try switching the usb port, or making sure the phone's modem driver is installed. I had the same problem with my c333 and I just had to switch the cord to another usb port.

3. Marine22

Marine22 Member

I switched cables, and when I opened multimedia studio on the MPT, it says to plug the phone in to detect. I unplugged it and re-plugged it, and it finally detected it after a while. When I opened up my mp3 files and pressed transfer, "unsupported format-no conversion possible" pops up. I can't transfer anything, and don't know what's going on. Then when I open up MPT, the phone on the left of the screen says "Phone Image not available--- Initializing.....". Any advice/help????

4. Marine22

Marine22 Member

Any ideas?

5. Marine22

Marine22 Member

Ok, I don't know if this is possible, but I think I've tried everything, and just got done uninstalling everything. Can someone send me step by step instructions possibly on what I need to install and do so I can go through step by step for my Motorola v180? PLEASE help or e-mail me instructions.
    P.S. How do you make sure you phone isn't locked?