1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/need new Video Capture card! (advice needed)

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Frankeh, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh Member

Hi everyone, someone recommended me this forum to ask my question, so here I go!

I need a Video Capture card to record in-game things and edit them with special effects etc aswell.

So.. to do those things, I need some kind of Video Capture card? What should I buy if my budget is 200$ MAXIMUM?

I'd like to have a card so that I can (easily) capture my in-game movies. (which has a very good quality overall, so sound too.)

though, I'll quote something from someone:

Is it true you just have to buy a cheap one if you're planning to use it for games?

though, I require HIGH quality for sound & graphics. (the size doesn't matter (MB, GB), I have plenty of space on my HDD and can burn them on dual layered DVD's etc)

An example where I need very HIGH quality for sound & graphics: I'd like to record all the cut-scenes from the Metal Gear Solid franchise so I can watch them on my PC etc.. I'd like to see those cut-scenes on my pc with the same quality as I would watch them in the game + good quality for sound too --> would like to see them with my 5.1 Dolby set on.

So please tell me which one you recommend me, maybe a Pinnacle? (if so, which) + experiences with specific cards are always interesting.

PS: I live in Belgium, it's okay for me to order one from, for example: amazon.com, so link me up if you have something interesting to show! (which ships worldwide that is)

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

What software are you going to use to cap during the games?
    A BT878 card will totally crap out, if you try to use it to capture something during gameplay on the PC.
    If you're using a game system to play, with video/audio outputs, and just need a capture device on the PC, then a $20 card will do.
    Quality is adjusted by software/capture codec used.