1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some breief "how to" information on editiing

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by intercooledgn, Jul 12, 2013.

1. intercooledgn

intercooledgn Member

I saw this in a video and want to do the same type of for a lack of a better term effect on a home video and am curious if anyone would know if any programs I have can do this and if so how to do it. And if they can't if anyone can reccomend a program I can buy that can do it and how to do it with that program.

I have Roxio Creater and Sony Vegas 12

As always thank you all in advance for helping! The link is to my youtube page of the video. The part im talking about is when he is lying on the couch and it fades to and from him flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXarKzdMU-I

Thank you all again!

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

Those are basic opacity edits and dissolves. Vegas will default to a cross dissolve when you overlap two clips with each other on a single track. For a closer look to that clip, you will want to use two layers (or more). Play with the opacity of top layer to make the effect happen. When opacity is 100% the top layer will show. When 0% the bottom layer will show. In the in between is where you get the blending/dissolving effect. You would only need to animate the opacity by creating key frames where you want the change to occur. Getting it to look like that shouldn't be too tough.

As for the flying, that one is probably done with a green screen with Tom Welling hanging on some wire or something... You could fake it by mounting a camera at an angle where it will give a similar look and then mask out everything except for the person. The fog is then added in as an effect. A compositor would be used for something like this like After Effects, but it can be done in Vegas to some degree.

I'm not familiar with Roxio, so no input on that side.