1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ozzman23, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ozzman23

ozzman23 Guest

ok i have a little problem thats getting real annoying, my comp i have, had it for little over a year, i bought it from wall mart. its a compaq model sr1703wm i know its a asus mobo a8ae-le
    sempron (p) 3200+ amd. okay now here is what i have in it nvida 256mb vid card, 4 80gig hds, cd/r and a dvd/r, 768mb ram. with stock power suply. now the problem iv been having wich just started like two weeks ago if i shut down the pc i have a hard time to get it to boot back up, sometimes the screen just stays black and sometimes you can just see the windows logo come on. If i get in the tower and unplug the hds and rom power conectors and plug them back in it will most often boot up then, or i just have to keep turnning it on and off and after about a half hour or so it will decide to boot up. now if i just do a restart i have no problems. A friend of mine said to upgrade the power suply because of all the stuff i have in my pc. Any idias if that is what causing this? thanks

2. SkyLynx

SkyLynx Member

It sounds to me like your friend is right.

You have 6 drives running off a stock PSU. It might be time to upgrade the PSU.

3. ozzman23

ozzman23 Guest

ya i have six drives, and i forgot to mention i also have a raid controller in it to, and i have an external 3 1/2 floopy running off of the usb, which i have two usb ports in the back of the tower, and usb huubs running off of them, i ordered a 680 watt powersuply should that be enough for what im running?

4. SkyLynx

SkyLynx Member

Absolutely!

Let us know how it turns out for you.

5. ozzman23

ozzman23 Guest

thanks alot, i just joined this site, i like it alot, quick responses and nice people, glad i found it, I should have the new psu in about four days let ya know if it takes care of the problem. I really didnt think that would be it cause iv run my sytem the way it is now for about 4 months and it just started this problem. but im going to try the psu. I need to get this fix..