1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need To Find Speaker Drivers

Discussion in 'Audio' started by miniman91, Jun 3, 2007.

1. miniman91

miniman91 Member

I have recently formatted my computer and I need drivers for my speakers. Only problem is that these have no specific name on them. All it has is the 'Sony' brand name on it and on the other one it says 'Mega Bass'

And there seems to be some number. (SRS-A205)

I have looked around but got nothing.

2. colw

colw Active member

You do not need speaker drivers - there are no such things.

If you have reformatted your hard drive it is possible that you will need sound drivers.

These are normally available on your motherboard disk. If you do not have your motherboard disk, you will need to download them from the motherboard manufactures website.

You will need to know your motherboard model/details etc.

3. britz660

britz660 Member

Refer to what colw said, sometimes if you don't have all the info about your motherboard it can be tricky to figure out the brand and model of the motherboard. I am also lazy so I just use a program called Everest Home Edition to tell me and it provides a link to the manufacturer's website.

Everest Home Edition

4. miniman91

miniman91 Member

Thanks britz, that program worked like a charm and I now have sound! That is an incredible program, thanks again britz.