1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

needing help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dreamer7, Apr 8, 2007.

1. dreamer7

dreamer7 Member

ok so i have no idea what is wrong with my computers......
    they are both doing the same thing...
    When you hit the power button the fans start...the computer sounds like its trying to boot up but there are no beeps or sounds and ive tried to boot my hardrive up on another computer and it didnt work. I used a new hardrive in both my computers and still its doing the same thing......can i get some help?

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

An important question - Are these 2 computers that did work before, but now they don't? Or is this 2 computers you just built?

You tried a new HDD? What, "new" as in bare, unformatted, no OS, or "new" as in "different"?

Could they have suffered damage? Is your area known for power surges? Have you had any thunderstorms nearby lately? Have the computers got wet? Did you turn the power off while you disconnected & connected the drives? Have you been doing stuff with hardware, swapping RAM, anything like that, without turning the power off?

Can you get into the BIOS of each machine, usually by pressing the DELETE key as the PC boots up?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  3. Molder

Molder Regular member

Hi,
    Remove your RAm and reseat it. Funny that your computers, both not working if not the RAM I will go with the power surge scenario as suggested by Indochine.

M