1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.6.1.15 suddenly stopped working!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jweaver, Jan 1, 2008.

1. jweaver

jweaver Member

I have been using Nero right from the start.. I did try a newer version once, but it was a nightmare, so went back to 6.6

I am now running the last version of 6 (6.6.1.15a) and its been perfect for a very long time.

But today, i went to burn an ISO image and its not working..

When I select "burn image" it openes up the file window.. I double click on the ISO that I want and it brings up the normal window where I get to choose the speed.. I then hit "OK" and the window just closes, leaving Nero as if I had just opened it.

NOTHING has changed.. I have re-installed and its the same.. The only thing I can think of is that its now 2008 and I wonder if this is a bug? I have wound the clock back to 2007 and it hasn't changed anything, so it looks like this might be a red herring.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Jon

2. jweaver

jweaver Member

Doh! Forget it.. I have found the problem.

On the screen where you can select the 'speed', you have 4 tick boxes, for "Finalize", "Test", "Write", etc

In my case, "Write" was unticked.. So it was doing EXACTLY what it was being told to do! I must have clicked that by accident..

Glad its fixed..

Jon