1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6.6 won't copy DVD created with NVE3!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by garypen, Dec 21, 2004.

1. garypen

garypen Member

I created a DVD from captured DV using NVE3. Now, I want to make copies for my friends. But, Nero 6.6 says "Cannot copy this disc to DVD" and the "Disc Info" tool says the disc is empty. (This happens in both the Express and Full apps.)

This same disc plays OK on all of my PC's and standalone DVD players!

I don't want to have to go through NVE's transcoding process for each of TWELVE copies I need. I just want to do a simple disc-to-disc copy.

Does anybody have any advice?

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

If you copy the contents of the DVD to your Hard Drive. And then use Nero Express or Nero Burning ROM's DVD-Video feature to then add the VOB files into the Video_TS folder in Nero and burn, does this work for you? You can then make as many copies as you want.

And are you sure the Nero Disc Info feature, or even the Nero CD-DVD Speed utility report the disc as empty?

Regards

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA
    (Still on Vacation)

3. garypen

garypen Member

When I try to copy the contents of the "Video TS" folder from the hard drive, NBR gives an error message after one or two steps in the process. Something like "not able to convert". Recode seems to be able to do it, though. But, kinda slow.

OTOH, I have no problem using DVDFab to copy from the DVD or the HD. However, I would prefer to use NBR or Express. Ironically, Nero recognizes the copy made with DVDFab.

BTW, I've been able to finally complete the NVE3 project, which was originally failing about 3/4 of the way, as I mentioned in another thread, and in an email to you. I uninstalled DivX Pro, as you suggested, and also upgraded my HW from AMD 2000XP to P4 3GHz.