1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 6 and video capture

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by baltta, Feb 8, 2004.

1. baltta

baltta Guest

Can anyone help me. I have capturing problem. When i capture video to pc first 27 min goes fine after that pc gets dropped frames. If i stop recording and start again it goes again 27 min fine end then i get dropped frames. WHAT IS WRONG! I put temprorary files and captures files to d:videot decause there is 60G free space.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You mean "Nero Vision Express 2.1xxx" Right??? Well it could be dropping Frames for any Number of Reasons Like after 27 minutes somting on your System access the Drive which in Turn Makes you drop Frames...Have you tried to capture useing different Software ?? Cuz Vision Express is a Pretty Crappy program and you might have better Luck with a Different AVI capture Program Like "Virtual VCR" or try captureing directly to Mpeg2 useing something like WinDVR 3.0 that is if you have a Fast enough PC ,Like at leasy a 2.0ghz PC for Full resolution Mpeg2 capture....good Luck

3. jascor

jascor Member

I have recently installed Nero 6 and am experiencing the same issue - dropped packets. I captured 6 different video titles from the same media source. 5 of them dropped 0 packets where the other seems to drop hundreds. The only noticeable difference between them was there was no audio on the good captures.

The problem here was I do not know how it changed or how I would change it to have audio or not ?

4. mishka

mishka Member

I have this same problem after I changed my video card to a Turtle Beach. It wasn't there until I did so. If you find a solution, let me know.

5. simmoez

simmoez Guest

My system used to drop frames til I upgraded from AMD 1.3Ghz to XP2500 Barton. Also make sure nothing else is running ie. internet suddenly reconnects or screensaver can do it.