1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 OME & Retail Version differences??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DocCrane, Oct 15, 2004.

1. DocCrane

DocCrane Guest

Nero 6 OME & Retail Version differences??

What are the differences between the OME disc and the retail copy, also can you down load any of the updates from the nero site to work with the OME Version

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

The only difference I know of is the packageing and fancy box. Oem just comes in a paper sleeve. I bought the oem version and everything works great. I can also download all the updated versions as they come out.

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Here's an extract of Nero Website that explains it all !

""1. I have an OEM version of Nero that does not contain all features of Nero 6. What do I do?

As you purchased Nero with a recorder, you have an OEM version that can only be used with that single recorder. OEM versions are limited versions, which do not contain all features. The manufacturer of the recorder decides about the features which will be implemented in the Nero OEM version. That means your version of Nero does not include all features of the full (=retail) version.

If you would like to upgrade to a full version, you need to order an upgrade serial number or upgrade CD. This serial number turns your OEM version into the latest Nero 6 retail release. It also enables you to use up to 4 recorders at the same time. Please visit our Onlineshop for information and pricing.

Important note
    You have to key in your old Nero serial number.
    If you don't have it anymore, please contact us again and tell us how you purchased your previous version of Nero.

Regards !

4. DocCrane

DocCrane Guest

I have Nero 6 OME and i have upgraded the Key from the nero site so that i have the full retail version so to speak, but i recently downloaded the updates and now i am getting major problems with vision express 2, the sound is very cracky, ??? is there a fix for this

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004