1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 being stupid

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bumr055, May 3, 2007.

1. bumr055

bumr055 Member

I can burn some movies that are AVI at 700MB and cant burn one that is AVI 626MB, witch just seems retarded!

I tried WinAVI and I just end up with a super wide screen MPEG2 format that nero still wans to "transcode." Is MPEG2 DVD format, thats what I heard?

Nero says that it is 4.20gigs out of 4.38 but, my disks say they are 4.7gigs so i don't get that. Even if they are 4.38, it still should be able to fit 4.20gb??

I would attempt to burn it with WinAVI but having it that wide is just useless to me. I have also tried "exporting" the movie but, as soon as i saw "9 hours remaining" i just canceled it, I could probably convert it by hand quicker. Whats should I do?

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Open NeroVision, click on More...Default Video Options...DVD Video and then under Quality Settings select Automatic (fit to disc) then OK....sometimes mine shows as some ridiculous time to complete..I abort and then select Burn same project again.

3. bumr055

bumr055 Member

Thanks man!

If i already used nero to "write to harddrive" and it is at 5 gigs, is there a way to compress it more? and would it just be quicker to set it to "fit to disk" and redo it?

Thanks again!

EDIT: did some more gizoogling and found out DVD Shrink does it if it on your harddrive,

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  4. bumr055

bumr055 Member

I have been trying to burn some videos and still, it always says the disk isn't big enough. I have it set to "fit to disk" is there a reason that that would not work? the video I'm trying to burn is only like 350MB too. This is getting really ridiculous, everything is set to automatic. It makes no sense that it wouldn't work... what a waist of time man... this has been at least the 10th time trying different videos and everything. you think the homies at Nero are just fuckin with me? I'm about ready to move back to VHS!

If anyone can PLEASE, PLEASE help!