1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Audio/Video Sync

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Fiends, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Fiends

Fiends Member

Yeah, I only have a .VOB file, I didn't know that was the only file I would have. There have been other times where I have downloaded multiple files in mutiple folders and I wasn't quite sure if this is what would happen after getting a succesful encoded version.

Yes, this is one of my .avi's with the audio off in Nero, I guess I will try DVD Flick, if that doesn't work I will see if I can get a different version.

Thanks a lot for your help Binkie, I really appreciate it!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

When you convert the avi (or other formats) you'll get a video_ts folder with a few vob's, and a couple of .ifo and .bup files.

Not a problem on the help Fiends - just post back if you need anymore help.

3. Fiends

Fiends Member

Can you give me a link to some codecs so I can actually see the video in Nero Showtime? It won't show the video and I believe it is the lack of codecs I have, VLC works fine because it has all the codecs but Showtime sucks. I want to use it on files to make sure they aren;t out of sync. Also, I tried adding the .vobs to a DVD video list on Vision and it says I don't have the proper liceses... Any ideas why this is happening?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  4. binkie7

Hmmmm check you serial # in product center.
    Open smartstart and in the bottom right hand corner click on the icon that has a somewhat looking flame in it.
    Then click on license on the right hand side. Check the serial # - make sure it's the one you purchase.
    If it's not click on the serial # and remove. Now click add and add the correct one.

Which version of Nero are you using? (product center will also show this info)

You shouldn't need any additional codec for Showtime to play the files but here's the pack & version I use - ffdshow.

Did you do any of the audio fixes again when you reinstalled Nero?

5. Fiends

Fiends Member

No I don't think I did but I will reinstall. How do I burn .bin files?

6. binkie7

Do a clean install (see post above) - it can be a pain but may just solve your problem on the license bit.

I do bin an cue files on rare occasion. To just burn it to cd double click on the cue file and Nero Burning Rom should open to burn.
    Now if that plays on a player - not sure there.
    I use IsoBuster to extract the .dat file from the bin file then use Vision to convert and burn.

7. Fiends

Fiends Member

Yeah, well I can try and waste one more DVD to see if it plays, if not I will try and ummm convert them. problem is, I only have a .bin file so how do I create a .cue file for it or burn it? ALso, I fixed the license thing and I am trying to burn a DVD right now.

BLEH, how do I add the audio files when burning the .vobs? I burned them, they worked but there is no audio. ARGH! This is annoying.

I tried on a different .cue file I had and it says I need CD-R discs now instead of DVD's and I don't know how to change it... UGH!

Thanks for you help so far.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  8. binkie7

Never created a cue file but here's a thread that may help you - link.
    Bin & Cue burn to cd.

If I had a bin file I'd do a mini guide for IsoBuster. But from what I remember I added the bin file right clicked and extracted the video file which was a .dat file. I'm probably missing a step here or there - I've done it several times just not recently.

The vob file was that a download? Try playing it w/ VLC yet?

9. Fiends

Fiends Member

Works with VLC. It gives me a bunch of files, you said said some .bups ect. But Audio doesn't work when I burn the .vobs.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  10. binkie7

Ok did you download like a video_ts folder containing all the files?

Not too sure why converting and burning the vob won't have any audio.

If it'sa video_ts folder try recode- save it to the hard drive. if it can't handle the file structure it will error out pretty fast.
    You could also try running the files thru FixVTS if recode errors out then try recode again.

11. Fiends

Fiends Member

No, I used DVD Flick to convert the .avi file that had the audio off. It gives me a Video_TS folder and an Audio_TS folder, it has 7 files. VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB and VTS_01_3.VOB.

From what I can see the VTS files are basically parts 1 to 3 of the video itself but I don't quite know what to do with the other files. I tried playing the .vob files in VLC/Showtime and they played fine but when burned on to a disc using Nero there is absolutely no audio at all.

Thanks so far for the help, this is kind of silly, this ONE file is what has been causing all these problems! Hopefully we can figure it out.

12. binkie7

Ah ok that's the correct file structure.
    Now to figure out what's up with the audio.

Open that video_ts folder in Recode - what audio is listed like 2 ch.
    Play it in Recode also - have sound there?

13. killalot

killalot Active member

Use Nero 6.18.16 I think its that one it’s the last update before Nero 7 came out are you converting divx video files to DVD ? if yes go and get yourself a divx DVD player saves all the fuc** about converting just make a data DVD then no need to convert them pick up a divx player for £20

14. Fiends

Fiends Member

I tried running the .vob in Recode and it keeps giving me a "Unexpected" error and has to shutdown. Then it brings up Nero Digital in Firefox...

15. binkie7

I'm at a loss on this Fiends.
    You can try opening the video_ts folder in DVD Shrink instead and see how that does.

killaot has a good point - divx player save all this hassle. One day I'll have to pick on up myself.

16. Fiends

Fiends Member

I don't want to pay for more stuff just so I can do something that I wanted to do with what I already paid for. That's crap, I hate having stuff not work. :(

17. binkie7

Oh I totally agree with you.
    You should be able to run that file thru Shrink (which is free) or Recode to check the audio. Both can handle it after it's been converted.
    I use either one when a converted file will be over the amount on a single layer disc instead of reducing the quality.

You're adding the video_ts folder right?

18. Fiends

Fiends Member

Which part of Recode do I use? I tried to folder and it says all the .ifo and .bup's are not supported and then opens the .vob's and crashes and brings me to the Nero Digital page...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  19. binkie7

Since it's just the movie only try 'recode main move to dvd' then clikc import dvd and add the video_ts folder.
    Or use 'compile a dvd' and click 'import title'. Highlight the folder the movie is in. Click on the title listed under Main movie then click add.
    Either option will let you preview the movie to show and check the sound.

20. Fiends

Fiends Member

It keeps saying that the .bups and .ifos are invalid file types and deicdes to try the .vobs and crashes. It does show the whole little preview in the bottom left but then crashes.

I don't know what I did but I tried it again with all my other programs turned off and it recoded with Movie to DVD or whatever. It gave me a dvd title 1, what do I do with this? It says Dolby Digital 2-ch English.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007