1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Audio/Video Sync

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Fiends, Jun 27, 2007.

1. handford

handford Guest

don,t know yet my friend, you have to purchase to download, will probably purchase to fine out

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ah then it sounds like you don't have the 'real' file though I'm a bit confused on what they would let you download.
    Total guess here and could be way off base - maybe the clips are some type of proprietary format that most conversion programs won't handle.

3. handford

handford Guest

HELP again, downloaded the real player file and convertdtodvd it also burnt to dvd,however when i play it on dvd player i get 2 images and the screen is lined and yellowish ?my settings in convert is PAL(europe) ??

4. binkie7

Ok where are you located?
    Set the tv format to PAL or NTSC.
    PAL is for most of the world and NTSC is for US, Canada and maybe another country.

5. handford

handford Guest

iam in the uk and it is set for pal in convertxtodvd

6. killalot

killalot Active member

From the U.K go to bloody aldi ill meet you there and buy it myself for you buy a divx player for £20 on a serious note all the hassle you get from converting your video clips is it worth it after you’ve done it the quality is exactly the same I can burn a avi clip to a cdr in 4mins how fast can you do it that’s when if you get it to work

7. handford

handford Guest

you telling me real player will play on a dvd player ??

8. binkie7

I don't think the real media files will.

I'm at a loss on the one you have now. You can check the software section of afterdawn to find other programs that will convert real media files but I'm kinda wondering about the file itself.
    Check the site where you got it - see what they say about converting it.

9. handford

handford Guest

i have contacted the site and they don,t recomend any third party tool to convert, i did manage to convert however as i said it shows perfect image of the title etc but when it plays it shows 2 dvd side by side playing and yellowish lines, i will have to tv settings if you can not suggest anything else

10. binkie7

I think that's bogus not recommending 3rd party software to convert - what do they want to get more $$ from to buy what they require.

Do you have a progressive scan dvd player with progressive scan turned on? If by chance you do turn it off.

You can also try converting and saving it to the hard drive instead of burning. Play the file back from the pc and see if it does the same thing.

11. handford

handford Guest

yes it does the same thing,ie split into 2 screens and yellowish.i also noticed that the dvd is split into several disc in the folder ?

12. handford

handford Guest

the pc used nero showtime to play

13. binkie7

I'm at a loss here I think.

What's the file extension? Like .rm, .rmvb etc?

What does the distributer say on converting it? Or do they only want you watching the downloaded video on the pc.

14. handford

handford Guest

in the converted folder there are 3dvd showing VTS_01_1 VTS_01_23VTS_01_3 and 3 info dvd no file extension as you have said ??

15. binkie7

The whould be the right file structure after conversion - the vts files, ifo and bup files.

I was talking about the extension on the download ones before conversion :) (sorry if I wasn't clear)
    What does the distrubtor say is the best way to convert?

16. handford

handford Guest

sorry about the delay. my pc blew up, the supplier wouldn,t suggest a third party converting programme. the file only shows a real player symbol and the properties doesn,t show file extension. where should i be looking ??

17. binkie7

You should see something like this - mymovie(or whatever it's named).rmvb
    See if you have the pc set to show file extensions - double click on my computer. In the toolbar go to tools>folder options>view>hidden files and folders. Have 'show hidden files and folders' checked.

18. handford

handford Guest

it states gettingtheorder.ram

19. binkie7

I've never heard of a .ram file (not like that really means anything :)) but it is listed as a supported format for ConvertX. It's not a common format though.
    Now converting them - I'm guessing that the way the distributor put them together is not something the common converters can handle - but this is just a guess.

I'm at a loss on what else to try - doing a quick google showed this formats mostly referenced to audio.
    Here's is something from real player that may give you an idea of these files - link