1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burning Questions

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by forzaf1, May 4, 2005.

1. forzaf1

forzaf1 Member

I hope you can answer some questions for me. I am fairly new to the whole burning process.

I run Nero 6 on Windows XP SP2. Brand new laptop. Discs I am using are Samsung Pleomax DVD+R 8x.

1) Am I right in thinking that nearly all DVDS are actually encryped and can't be copied?? And you need DVD Shrink?

2) I put in my DVD (to be copied) and select the files to be copied. It goes about importing them but when its almost finished copying the first file it tells me that the file D:/????/???? cannot be read. Then it just keeps saying that for all other files that I was trying to copy over can't be read.

More questions maybe when I think of them.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Forzaf1 you need to read the guides link at the top of forrum page. Check out DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.

Good Luck

Spacedust

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

just a quicky but play the dvd in pc for a few mins to unlock the drive! then rip it!

are you useing default settings from install and ripping in file or iso mode? are you useing fat 32 or ntsc?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Yes, you are right in saying that nearly all DVDs are encrypted. So... Before using a burning program like Nero, you need to use a ripping program like DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter.

I use the Shrink/Nero combination.

The neat thing about this is Shrink's ability to open Nero at the correct time and start the burn. The only thing you need to do is just have Nero installed on your PC. Shrink does all the work. There is a check box in Shrink that says "Enable burning with Nero". Checking that automates the process. Very simple and easy to do.

You can find the programs and guides here at AD or at my website. Try this page:

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html