1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero CD burning problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by allisonf, Nov 8, 2004.

1. allisonf

allisonf Member

I have tried to burn a WMA disc and an mp3 disc using Nero but when I play them in my car and on my CD player, they play but there's no sound. There is sound on my DVD player and PC though. However, when I've burned a disc of the same files through Windows Media Player, they work absolutely fine. Can anyone tell me the problem please

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

An MP3 audio CD and WMA Audio CD is really just a Data CD with MP3 and WMA files contained on it.

Windows Media Player only creates your standard Audio CD, meaning it converts the MP3 and WMA audio files to CDA format. If you used Nero to create a standar audio CD from these files, I'm sure you would have the same results as from Windows Media Player.

I assume you made sure your Car and CD Player actually support the MP3 and WMA format? If so, try burning at a slower speed, or with different brand of CDR media.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. allisonf

allisonf Member

Thanks. I'll give it a go as soon as I get a minute to myself! I only wanted to use Nero so I could get more WMAs on one disk with the over burn thingy. Will that make any difference? My car and home stereo both play CD-Rs, so it shouldn't be a problem should it?

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Wellll, actually there are two problems with the overburning aspect.

1) With Nero 6.6.01, it looks like we have a bug in Overburning. I have tested on three different drives and all fail to allow overburning with Nero 6.6. I've generated a bug report and expect to have this addressed shortly.

2) Even if it were to work, some Drives and especially Car and Home Stereo's would have trouble reading such discs. You would have to burn one or two to see if it would be an issue with your devices.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA