1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero CD Speed & C2 Errors

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by pjcarr, Feb 27, 2007.

1. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

I just recieved a CD in the mail from an eBay auction that was listed as with "no surface scratches" and it has a deep scratch across the last four songs, along with other smaller ones. I played it on my computer and those songs seem to play OK, but I tested it with Nero CD Speed and there were massive C2 errors right at the section of the CD where the scratch is.

The problem is that the detection of the C2 errors is intermittent. I tested it 6 times - four tests had errors; two had none. Does this mean that this test is useless or just very sensitive? When they did show up, they were always in the same place, although one time there was a stray C2 error at the beginning of the CD also. I also tested it by ripping those four songs with EAC and there were no errors.

What do you think? I'm just worried that this CD might not play on more sensitive players.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Have you thought about "Backing" up your CD and using the Back Up copy??

3. pjcarr

pjcarr Member

I already have a good backup. I was more concerned about this being a "keepable" copy for my collection, otherwise I should probably get my money back - it was $50.